A retired or honorably discharged veteran of or anyone currently serving in any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces who either has performed or is performing U.S. Naval Cryptologic duty or who has an interest in U.S. Naval Cryptology. Applicants not directly connected with U.S. Naval Cryptology shall state details of this interest.
An official or retiree of a U.S. or second party allied government or U.S. contractor, to include second party allied military services, who has an interest in U.S. Naval Cryptology. The applicant shall state details of this interest Spouse—All spouses of living members and associates shall, at the applicant’s option, be enrolled together. Spouses are not continued on the roll after the member's death except as provided in the “Surviving Spouse” or “partnership of two veterans” descriptions below. However, any spouse of a deceased member is eligible to be enrolled as a spouse upon payment of the requisite dues.
Dues for Members, Associates, and “Surviving Spouses” shall be the same, as determined by the Board of Directors.
A dues discount, currently set by the Board of Directors at 60%, is offered to any Member, Associate or spouse who opts out of postal CRYPTOLOG delivery. CRYPTOLOG copies are available on the website to logged-in Association members.
In consideration of payment of 1.4 times the ordinary dues, the spouse of a deceased Member or Associate is entitled to remain enrolled as a spouse until the end of the member’s fixed term or for the life of the spouse of a Life member. (This is not applicable if both spouses opt out of postal CRYPTOLOG delivery.)
The Membership Secretary shall recognize a spousal or civil partnership of two veterans (formerly called “Family”) in the case of two members who request this joint designation and whose dues expiration agree. (Normally, these would be spouses who join at the same time.) A partnership shall not consist of more than two members. On the death of one member of this partnership of veterans, postal delivery of the CRYPTOLOG can be conveyed. Thus, members or associates in such a partnership should never opt for “Surviving Spouse” dues; this is automatic. Should members or associates in a partnership agree to share a postal-delivered CRYPTOLOG, one member would sign up for basic individual (un-discounted) dues and the other should opt for the dues discount offered for no-postal-delivery.
Dues-free Active Military
Active duty military members and drilling reservists are offered one-year dues free memberships. The CRYPTOLOG mailing lists shall not include those of this so enrolled.
- Active duty military and reservists may certainly opt for dues-based memberships.
- As a matter of transitioning from the legacy policy, all fixed term members and associates shall be considered to be enrolled as having opted for “Surviving Spouse” until the end of the fixed term.
- New and renewing members and associates shall be offered the “Surviving Spouse” option effective 1 July 2022.
- Currently enrolled Life members may opt for the “Surviving Spouse” option at any time upon payment of 40% of the basic individual Life membership dues.
- Changes to regular dues, discount rates and the “last survivor” factor may be made by the Board of Directors effective only on publication of the new schedules in the CRYPTOLOG. These would not be applied retroactively.
- The Membership Secretary shall ensure that membership and enrollment requirements for 501(c)(19) associations are met.
- The bulk-mail CRYPTOLOG mailing lists the Membership Secretary produces shall include certain Navy Cryptologic or Information Warfare Commands or Detachments or libraries. Dues for these organizations shall not be required.
- The membership year begins at 1 July each year and ends 30 June the following year.
Members are absolutely relied upon to provide the Membership Secretary their current contact information.
- Postal addresses in the membership database are used to generate the CRYPTOLOG bulk- and first-class mailing lists.
- CRYPTOLOG issues missed due to this neglect cannot be re-issued, except per the paragraph above.
- Members who re-locate on a seasonal basis (“snowbirds”) are highly encouraged to opt for first-class delivery of printed CRYPTOLOG issues.
- If you have setup a website user account, you can update your Contact Information after you login (click the FAQs | Profile FAQs link and open the article entitled “How Do I Edit My Profile?”.