Terms and Conditions of Use
Information posted on this Website is intended to provide general information that may be of interest to U.S. Navy and Marine Corps cryptologic veterans and to members of the U.S. Naval Cryptologic Veterans Association.
Who We Are
The U.S. Naval Cryptologic Veterans Association is a qualified Veterans Service Organization (VSO) organized under section 501(c)(19) of the United States Internal Revenue Code. U.S. Navy cryptologic veterans include former members of the U.S. Naval Security Group Command, its predecessors, and its successor elements (such as Information Warfare Community) as well as U.S. Navy cryptologists serving on active duty.
No Use of Our Site by Persons Under 13
No person under 13 should disclose personally-identifying information on this site. The US NCVA will not knowingly permit children 13 and under to establish website subscriber accounts.
You may learn more about protecting children’s privacy online by visiting The Children’s Online Privacy Act.
Confidential & Proprietary Information
The U.S. Naval Cryptologic Veterans Association does not wish to receive private, confidential, or proprietary information from you through this website. Any information or material sent electronically to the US NCVA through this website will be treated as public information.
If you send us any information or material through this website other than personally identifiable information, you grant the U.S. Naval Cryptologic Veterans Association unrestricted license to use, reproduce, display, modify, transmit and distribute those materials and information. Further, you agree that the US NCVA is free to use ideas and concepts that you send us for any purpose.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Personally Identifiable Information is any data that could potentially identify you or can be used to distinguish you from another person. The only PII data that can be collected on the US NCVA website is the personal information you submit when you signup for a website subscriber account.
These data are not Confidential & Proprietary Information to the US NCVA. A website subscriber owns her or his personal data and can add, modify, or remove such information at any time by logging into his or her subscriber account and editing her or his Profile
You may not access or use this website for any purpose other than that for which we make the website available. The website may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of the website, you agree not to:
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the website to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from the US NCVA.
- Make any unauthorized use of the website, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- Use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the website.
- Use the website to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the website, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use of the website and/or the content contained therein.
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the website.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords;
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the website or the networks or services connected to the website.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Sell or otherwise transfer your Profile.
- Use any information obtained from the website in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Use the website as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the website and/or the content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the website.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the website designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the website.
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our members and officers engaged in providing any portion of the website to you.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any content.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the website or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the website.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- Except as may be the result of standard search engine or internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the website, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, the US NCVA and/or the website.
- Use the website in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
Website Subscriber Accounts
The US NCVA welcomes and encourages U.S. Navy cryptologic veterans and eligible active duty U.S. Navy cryptologists to join our Association per the Association Bylaws. Those who are eligible for membership as well as currently active Association members are also encouraged to signup online for a website subscriber account.
This website may invite you to chat, contribute to, or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums, and other functionality, and may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to the US NCVA or on the website, including but not limited to text, writings, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material.
User-created content may be viewable by other users of the website and through third-party websites. As such, any content you transmit may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. When you create or make available any Contributions, you thereby represent and warrant that:
- You comply with our Pre-Publication Review requirement if your content involves any official federal government or military professional experience requiring access to classified or sensitive information.
- The creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your content do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
- You are the creator and owner of or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, releases, and permissions to use and to authorize the US NCVA, the website, and other users of the website to use your content in any manner contemplated by the website and these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- You have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in your content to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of your content in any manner contemplated by the website and these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Your content is not:
- False, inaccurate, or misleading.
- Unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
- Obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by the US NCVA).
- Your content does not:
- Ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.Advocate the violent overthrow of any government or incite, encourage, or threaten physical harm against another.
- Violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- Violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- Contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner.
- Violate any federal or state law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors;
- Include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
- Otherwise violate, or link to material that violates, any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use, or any applicable law or regulation.
|US NCVA Subscribers
|Members of the US NCVA and FRUPAC are strongly encouraged to register subscriber accounts with this website. Registered Association subscribers have full access to all US NCVA content.
|Fleet Radio Unit Pacific Subscribers
|FRUPAC members have access to FRUPAC-unique content.
|US NCVA-Eligible Subscribers
|U.S. Navy and Marine Corps cryptologic veterans who are not members of the US NCVA but who are eligible to join the Association may sign up for basic access to this website.
Non-Navy Cryptologic Veterans
Generally, individuals who are not veterans of U.S. Navy cryptologic elements will not be authorized to establish member accounts on this website. Contact the Membership Secretary or the Executive Director for information regarding this policy.
You may view and print documents and other content on this site for your personal use only. You may not modify these documents or change them in any way. You may not use any content offered on this Website for any commercial purposes without express written consent from the U.S. Naval Cryptologic Veterans Association.
This website may contain (or you may be sent via the Site) links to other websites (“Third-Party Websites”) as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software, and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties.
Such Third-Party Websites and their content are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by the US NCVA, and the US NCVA is not responsible for any Third-Party Website or content accessed through our website, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices, or other policies of or contained in the Third-Party Websites or content.
Inclusion of, linking to, or permitting the use or installation of any Third-Party Websites or content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by the US NCVA. If you decide to leave this website and access the Third-Party Websites or use or install any Third-Party Content, you do so at your own risk, and you should be aware that our Terms and Conditions of Use no longer govern.
You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any website to which you navigate from this website or relating to any applications you use or install from this website. Any purchases you make through Third-Party Websites will be through other websites and from other companies, and the US NCVA takes no responsibility whatsoever in relation to such purchases which are exclusively between you and the applicable third party.
You agree and acknowledge that the US NCVA does not endorse the products or services offered on Third-Party Websites and you shall hold the US NCVA harmless from any harm caused by your purchase of such products or services. Additionally, you shall hold the US NCVA harmless from any losses sustained by you or harm caused to you relating to or resulting in any way from any Third-Party Content or any contact with Third-Party Websites.
The US NCVA website uses automatically collected information and other information collected on the website through cookies and similar technologies to:
- Improve content and information display.
- Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the website.
- Monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
NOTE: The U.S. NCVA does not use tracking cookies.
Can You Control Cookies?
You have the right to decide whether or how to control software cookies, depending upon the web browser you use:
|Disabling Most Interest Based Advertising
|The US NCVA website does not use Interest Based Advertising.
|The US NCVA website does not engage in Mobile Advertising.
|Do Not Track
|Some Internet browsers offer the ability to invoke Do Not Track (DNT). This works with many websites—including our US NCVA website—but others do not currently process DNT requests. See also: All About Do Not Track.
We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to:
- Monitor this website for violations of our Terms and Conditions of Use.
- At the sole discretion of the US NCVA and without limitation, refuse, restrict access to, limit the availability of, or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any user-created content or any portion thereof.
- At the sole discretion of the US NCVA and without limitation, notice, or liability, to remove from this website or otherwise disable all files and content that are excessive in size or are in any way burdensome to our systems.
- Otherwise manage this website in a manner designed to protect the rights and property of the US NCVA and to facilitate the proper functioning of this website.
You agree that your use of this website and its content is at your sole risk. The US NCVA does not:
- Warrant the accuracy of the information posted on this website.
- Guarantee or warrant the performance of this website.
All content contained on, downloaded or accessed from this website, is provided to you on an “as is” basis, without warranties of any kind whatsoever. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the US NCVA disclaims all warranties, express or implied, in connection with this website and your use of it, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular website's content, or the content of any websites linked to this website.
In no event will the US NCVA or members, officers, or agents be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special, or punitive damages arising from your use of this website
Term, Termination, & Updates
- If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party.
- In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
We will update these Terms & Conditions of Use when needed due to, for example, advanced technologies, legal requirements, and changing Association business standards. You should check this article routinely.